Proper commercial refrigeration maintenance is extremely important. It will extend life of commercial refrigeration including coolers, freezers & ice machines. Routine maintenance can also reduce the chances of emergency service caused by major component failure such as a compressor or condenser fan motor going bad due to a dirty coil. We try to get the word out about this as much as possible. We want to let our clients & everyone else know how important maintenance is. In this case an ounce of prevention is worth much more than a pound of cure!
The following is a short list of some possible problems caused by not maintaining equipment on a regular basis.
- Failure of fan motors caused by dirty coils restricting air flow.
- Failure of thermostat caused by high amp draw due to dirty condenser coils.
- Failure of compressor caused by dirty condenser coil & excessive head pressure.
- Restriction of capillary tubing (metering device) caused by refrigerant oil overheating & fouling.
- Wiring burning & failing due to excessive amp draw caused by high head pressure & dirty condenser coils.
- Increased electrical consumption & amp draw due to longer run times caused by dirty condenser coils.
That’s six problems caused that can be caused by lack of maintenance. There are more, but these are the most common ones seen in the field. Murphy’s Law says any of these break downs will occur at night or on a weekend when repair service comes at a premium. Taking a few simple steps can guard against equipment failure & also extend the life of coolers & freezers. We have written several blogs to help clients make sure they understand the importance of routine maintenance. Find helpful articles on our Maintenance Tips Tab. The following are a few examples.
- DIY Commercial Refrigeration Maintenance Checklist
- Commercial Refrigeration Energy Saving Tips
- Spring Cleaning For Commercial Refrigeration Equipment
Contact us with any questions about commercial refrigeration maintenance, operation & or energy conservation. We would be happy to help!