With Earth Day quickly approaching in April, and a general push to do as much as we can to conserve natural resources, it’s only RIGHT to mention commercial refrigeration lighting. Okay, so commercial refrigeration lighting isn’t the sexiest part of your business, but it is an integral one. It’s essential, or at a minimum desirable, to showcase your products in light that shows their best side.
Enter ENERGY STAR Qualified LED lighting products.
What is LED lighting?
LED stands for light-emitting diode. LEDs are small light sources that make lighting more efficient and durable than incandescent and fluorescent bulbs. LEDs emit light in a specific direction, while other types of bulbs emit light and HEAT in all directions. LED lighting uses both light and energy more efficiently while generating almost no HEAT. This helps your refrigeration system run more efficiently, saving you hard earned money, while preserving our energy sources.
How are ENERGY STAR Qualified LED lighting products different from other lighting products (fluorescent or incandescent)?
- Reduces energy costs: Uses at least 75% less energy than incandescent lighting, saving on operating expenses.
- Reduces maintenance costs: Lasts 35 to 50 times longer than incandescent lighting and about 2 to 5 times longer than fluorescent lighting.
- Reduces cooling costs: LEDs produce almost no heat.
- Easy and affordable to retrofit: Low cost, minimal disruption of service.
- Durable: Won’t break like a bulb. Estimated 5-10 year bulb life.
- Reduces Carbon Footprint: No mercury and no chronic replacement and disposal.
ENERGY STAR reports that, “Qualified commercial products use at least 75% less energy and last 35 times longer than incandescent lighting. Plus, qualified LED lighting produces virtually no heat and provides optimal light color for any environment.”
Not only are commercial refrigeration LED lighting products energy efficient, they are a sound financial and environmental investment. LED lighting products can help you save substantially on cooling costs. These savings afford the opportunity to develop other areas of your business.
Producing clean, clear, sharp, natural lighting while saving energy and protecting the environment: That is very sexy.
Come see Northeast Cooling at Green Chicago’s Earth Day Event on April 18th. We’d love to share our thoughts about environmentally friendly cooling options.
← BACK TO ALL POSTS