While our business may be as a Chicago commercial refrigeration and ice freezer maintenance, repair, and sales company, it’s our customers that keep us passionate and motivated. They value not only our timely and great service, but also our expertise. We have always felt as part of our service to not only provide exceptional quality, but also to help our customers save some of their hard earned money.
Here are some rebates that ComEd is offering as part of their initiative to decrease energy output. (Please note, these rebates, thru ComEd, come with a list of prerequisites. Click here for more info some of the policies)
Walk- in Commercial Coolers / Freezers Upgrade
LED Refrigeration Case Lighting
- LED lighting performs much more efficiently as the temperature drops in walk-in coolers and freezers
- LED lighting uses up to 50 percent less energy and emits less heat than fluorescent systems
- Replacing fluorescent refrigerated case lighting with LED illumination can qualify for incentives of $20 per door.
- Installing automatic door closers on walk-in coolers and walk-in freezers helps will help to keep cold air in – your business may qualify for $75 in rebates per door for walk-in coolers.
- The rebate goes up to $150 per door for walk-in freezers
Anti-Sweat Heater Controls
- ComEd incentive of $30 per horizontal linear foot of refrigerated display case
- So while any upgrade has initial costs, the addition of anti-sweat heater controls can often pay for themselves in a single year or less
Electronically Commutated Evaporator Fan Motors
- Delivers the same power as a comparable shaded pole motor while consuming only one-third the energy.
- Incentives of $35–$50 per motor for replacing an existing shaded-pole evaporator fan motor in a refrigerated display case or walk-in with an Electronically Commutaed Evaporated Fan Motor
Incentives For New Commercial Refrigerators And Commercial Ice Machines
- Energy savings over standard freezers can be as much as 35 percent
- ENERGY STAR commercial ice freezers can pay for themselves in less than two years
- An incentive of $100 for a solid door freezer,
- Incentives of $400 for a glass-door freezer
High-Efficiency ENERGY STAR Ice Makers
- On average 15 percent more energy-efficient and 10 percent more water-efficient than standard models.
- Each ENERGY STAR qualified ice machine can save about 1,160 kWh annually.
- Could qualify for an incentive of $150 to $350 (depending on size)
We hope these rebates and energy saving information will get you thinking about the opportunity for upgrades or replacement on your current refrigeration equipment. Contact us for questions and let us know how we can help.
← BACK TO ALL POSTS